This is the first time I’m dealing with a partner whose work I can accept immediately. Vimi knows UX very well
Even before Covid, companies in Asia-Pacific witnessed massive increases in their need for custom software development, and since software application projects often have a user interface, this demand also drove a demand increase for User Experience and User Interface design talent. But finding good designers, and integrating them into your team effectively is challenging – Unless your company is able to provide the type of creative environment and professional guidance your designers need to thrive and flourish, they’ll deliver sub-par outputs, feel frustrated at work, and are likely to churn out of your company and cause failed recruitment losses.
UX / UX on Demand
That’s where we come in. Our core competencies are UX, UI and behavioral design. For more than 10 years we’ve been building a pool of creative talent specialized in delivering a full range of UX and UI services including:
- UX research
- UX architecture
- UX design
- UX writing
- UI system creation
- UI design
- Graphic design for UI
- Figuring out your users’ personas and motivations
- Mapping out best and worst case user flow scenarios
- Wireframing screen layouts
- Designing your applications’ user interface in accordance with your brand guidelines and usability best practices.
- Formatting and delivering design files matching your dev team’s specifications.
Your Benefits Working with our UX/UI Team
- Behavioral design mindset – Our focus on Behavioral Design delivers UX and UI proven to increase engagement by leveraging common heuristics and other aspects of the mind’s inner working.
- Faster time-to-market – Gain immediate access to experienced app and software designers with a proven track record of creating commercially successful platforms.
- Be more efficient – Maintain focus on your core expertise and leave the bulk of the design work to our experts.
- Be as flexible as you need – Enjoy the flexibility to scale your team as you need, without having to worry about the consequences of hiring and firing.
- Reduce risk – Avoid recruitment costs, hiring failures, and other labor contract risks by contracting your design work out to us.
UX / UI Services by Phase
UX Research - Users, personas, and motivations
More often than not, when we’re brought in as a consultant to help with a project that’s failing to meet it’s engagement targets, it quickly becomes evident that the actual target users were never consulted with during the software’s design and development process.
To create a successful application or software product, it’s absolutely critical to include user stakeholders in the design process. Only by gaining a clear understanding of their motivations, capabilities, and perceptions of your app’s benefits, will you have the chance to create interfaces they appreciate, and can use effectively to achieve their goals.
The questions we’ll help you resolve at this phase are:
- Who are your stakeholders?
- What are their representative personas?
- How do they understand your unique value proposition (UVP)?
- What are their goals and motivations in relation to your UVP?
UX Implementation #1 - Operations, Processes and User Flows
UX Implementation #2 - Wireframes
User Interface Implementation - UI Design
Your application’s UI shapes your stakeholders’ cognition and comprehension of your company’s brand and UVP. It is your app’s user interface, more than anything else, that mediates your app’s functionality to your stakeholders and determines whether they evaluate their user experience with your service as meaningful, useful, and polished.
Your UI shapes more than your customer’s immediate experience of your product – Thanks to the Halo Effect, it also influences users’ overall impression of your organization – A poorly designed app can easily damage your brand’s hard-earned credibility.
Our team has designed banking, shopping and utility apps used by millions of people daily. We’ll ensure your app is not only visually appealing, but also complies with UI best practices, and delivers a premium user experience that establishes your brand as a trusted market leader.
Working with Vimi’s outsourced designers was instrumental in our delivery of timely solutions to our clients. Working on complex multinational projects demands getting access to top designers on very short notice – Vimi came through every time
UX / UI Design - How does it work?
Our process for UX and UI follows these principles:
People love platforms that account for how they feel & think. These are the insights behavioral design provides.
The compass ensuring a platform’s utility
& appeal is the study of the people using it. The sooner this study is launched, the higher the returns it delivers.
Return on investment
A platform’s success is measured in relation to quantifiable goals. Failure can be useful, when we learn from it.
UX/UI Engagement Models
Hiring us per project makes sense when you have a good grasp of your project’s scope-of-work, and can provide a detailed brief (see below) fully defining the expected project scope. Examples of project-based work could be:
- Design for hire – You need 50 screen wireframes designed and prepped for developers to work on.
- UX research – You want to conduct some UX research and need us to recruit, observe, and summarize findings on how users are able to complete given tasks in your app.
- UI surveys – You want to run a survey and have people rate their satisfaction with your existing design.
For project work we provide fixed cost estimates for the scope-of-work in your brief. You will know in advance exactly what you’re getting, and what it’s will cost you.
Working with us on retainer makes sense when your project has exploratory aspects
- Perhaps user flows still require some thought.
- Maybe you’d like to investigate more than one wireframe / screen options.
Our retainer arrangement guarantees you an agreed number of designer days each month, and gives you all the freedom you need to utilize this time as you need.
A project is only ever as good as the brief
One of the most important steps on your path to marketing success is your project brief.
A good brief will help you avoid miscommunications, wasted $$$, and missed deadlines.
We know sometimes getting your thoughts in order is hard, so we’re happy to share with you the brief template our team uses, to help you get started. Remember – The more detailed your answers on the brief questions, the easier things will be for you later on…
UX/UI Project Timeline
Who’s in your UX/UI project team?
The team’s work will be coordinated by one of our Project Managers. They’ll lead your project and serve as your primary point of contact. They’re responsible to:
- Ensure your project proceeds according to the agreed brief.
- Keeping you informed of progress
- Getting stakeholders’ sign-offs as needed.
Typically, our project managers will check in with you for a formal meeting once a week, and will manage day-to-day communication via email and chat.
UX and UI designers
Our design team has years of experience working on projects that have generated millions of dollars in revenue, and, in the case of apps, reached millions of downloads. We’ll ensure your project is easy-to-use, compliant with design best practices, and promotes your company image as a credible and professional provider. Our team includes
- Behavioral designers
- User experience designers
- User interface designers
- Graphic designers
- Information architects
- UX writers
For design projects, we allocate one of our managing partners to chair your project team to provide overview, guidance and supervision. We not only guarantee you’ll get your deliverables as agreed, but also commit to go the extra mile to support your business via our network and partners.
Vimi stood out with their results oriented approach, good governance, & strict adherence to deadlines. I look forward to working with them again
Our Promise to You
- Communication – Regular and honest dialog allowing stakeholders to share their inputs and concerns in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
- Dedication – and patience to learn the unique circumstances of the project.
- Excellence – in content, design, technical delivery and work processes.
Frequently asked questions
Vimi’s team collaborates effectively with our in-house team to deliver & enhance our core platforms & apps. We are seeing quantifiable ROI across the board